Simple binds authenticating against Kerberos

Title: Message
Hello,

I'm relatively new at mixing OpenLDAP and Kerberos so please bear with me.  We have some apps that can only do simple binds to LDAP but we want to manage all our passwords in the Kerberos realm.  I know there is a way to use SASL such that a person can get a ticket from kerberos and than use it to access LDAP.

But lets say the person just does a simple bind to LDAP.  Is there a way to tell OpenLDAP to use than username and password against Kerberos to see if it is valid?  It seems the OpenLDAP manual parts that I've seen don't seem to address this (to my understanding).

Any help would be appreciated.

-- DK