Re: Remapping user info per-system?

While slapd(8) provides some data rewriting capabilities (see back-meta/ldap),
I don't believe slapd(8) has any specific mechanism to support per-client
rewriting.  (Note: Discussion of these capabilities is on-topic.)

Generally this kind of stuff is handled on the client side.  That is,
instead of bothering the directory as to the per-client location of
a shell, just communicate which shell is desired and have the client
locate it.  I'm not aware of clients doing this kind of locating for
shell information, but there is no reason why they couldn't.  Suggest
you work with the developers of the clients you are using to add
such capabilities.  (Note: discussion of these capabilities is
off-topic here.)

Kurt