Trying to restore ldap database

I have an image on CDs of all the partitions from a RedHat 8.0 Server which crashed - includes /etc/openldap /var/lib/ldap and so on.

Unfortunately it doesn't include a very recent ldif dump.

The ldap running on the server was:

openldap... 2.0.25-1
db4-4.0.14-14

The new server is Fedora Core 1 running:

openldap... 2.1.22-8
db4-4.1.25-14

The ldap service is up and running fine.

Is there a way to populate/migrate the new server with the records from the old server? I can install the previous version of openldap if there is more hope of doing it that way.

A quick glance at the /var/lib/ldap directory shows me that the old server had .gdbm files and the new one seems to be creating .dbb files.

Thanks,

Campbell