Re: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP

--On Monday, October 13, 2003 3:44 PM -0400 Igor Brezac <igor@ipass.net> wrote:

The build order I use is:

Berkeley BDB

Cyrus-sasl and Heimdal depend on Berkeley BDB. Berkeley BDB should be compiled before Heimdal and Cyrus-SASL. Cyrus-SASL, OpenLDAP and Heimdal potentially (depending on the compile options) depend on each other, so you may need to compile each several times.

That is not true. It depends on what/how you are using sasl & heimdal for. If you already have a KDC, there is no reason to build BDB before heimdal. And I see no reason to build it before building SASL if you aren't using their DB proxy pieces, which I'm not.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems
ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations