Re: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Monday, October 13, 2003 3:44 PM -0400 Igor Brezac <igor@ipass.net>
> wrote:
>
> >> The build order I use is:
> >>
> >> OpenSSL
> >> Heimdal
> >> Cyrus-SASL
> >> Berkeley BDB
> >> OpenLDAP
> >
> > Cyrus-sasl and Heimdal depend on Berkeley BDB.  Berkeley BDB should be
> > compiled before Heimdal and Cyrus-SASL.  Cyrus-SASL, OpenLDAP and Heimdal
> > potentially (depending on the compile options)  depend on each other, so
> > you may need to compile each several times.
>
> Igor,
> That is not true.  It depends on what/how you are using sasl & heimdal for.
> If you already have a KDC, there is no reason to build BDB before heimdal.
> And I see no reason to build it before building SASL if you aren't using
> their DB proxy pieces, which I'm not.

Quanah,

I stand by my recommendation.  Your advice assumes too many restrictions.
What if you do not have KDC, what if you want to store krb tickets in the
ldap store using heimdal apps, what if you want ldap and/or berkeley
support in sasl, etc...

--
Igor