Re: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP

I may be wrong, but the last time I tried to compile heimdal-0.6 with BDB
support it failed since heimdal 0.6 uses the calls from the old bdb API to
access the database and since I am using the latest BDB 4.1.25 I
could not add bdb support to heimdal.  I have a special
compile of bdb-4.1.25, heimdal-0.6, sasl-2.1.15 and openldap 2.1.22 on
/opt/local on my openldap server (running on solaris 9). My kerberos
server is MIT and I use the native ldap clients from solaris and red hat
to be ldap clients. (I finally got autofs working on both Redhat and
Solaris 9 :).

A recommendation to the guy that started this thread, is to use encap so
that he can swap versions easily in the future when new releases come out.
You may find about encap at http://www.encap.org

Good luck,

Diego

Diego Julian Remolina