Re: rewrite a login into a dn in simple bind

Hello Markus

Markus Schaber wrote:
So I would like to map the login provided by the client to the dn of
the entry which has this value in its "uid" attribute

AFAIR, the common method to do this is to do an anonymous bind, and use this to search for (uid=whateveryouneed) to get the dn. Then, use this dn to bind with the password.

Ok, but if the access control rules of the server don't allow any anonymous bind, or don't give search access on uid attribute, or read access on users' entries, I can't use this method, because I think some LDAP administrators won't let me set such access rules on their openldap server for my application to work on their network.

> Thanks,
> Markus

thank you,

François