rewrite a login into a dn in simple bind

Hello

For technical reasons, I would like to bind to my openldap server using a login, not a dn, and I can't use other method than simple bind (with or without ssl/tls)

The login would identify the user by being an attribute of its entry, like uid

But openldap wait for a dn when one use simple bind.

So I would like to map the login provided by the client to the dn of the entry which has this value in its "uid" attribute

I heard about a rewrite plugin for openldap, but I don't know if it can help me

can somebody help me ?

thank you very much

François