Re: problems with OpenLDAP (Debian and FreeBSD)

Hallo Dustin,

* Dustin Doris <openldap@mail.doris.cc> [04-08-03 15:01]:
> Hmm, it really looks like the search and results returned are all correct
> for it to be working.  At least pam_ldap seems to be ok, nss_ldap could be
> having issues.  Try adding the test user as a local user to your machine
> with a different password.  Then ssh in and use the password of the ldap
> user, to make sure you are logging in with the ldap user.  If it works
> then it probably means nss_ldap is messed up.

Yes, this is working fine. Thanks for that tip, now i can concentrate
my attention to the nsswitch.

> Is there anything in /var/log/messages from sshd?

No, only if i inserted a wrong password i get:
Aug  5 13:48:26 testrechner su: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user
"uid=test,ou=people,dc=fechner,dc=net" (Invalid credentials)

And this logentry is fine.

> Go to:
> http://www.padl.com/Contents/OpenSourceSoftware.html
> and look for Mailing Lists at the bottom of the page.

Thank you very much, now i know, that i'm not silly.

I have tried it now with a new installed Freebsd 5.1 machine and here
i get the same behaviour as on the upgraded machine(if the user in
passwd is present all is working fine).

--
Gruss
Matthias