Re: problems with OpenLDAP (Debian and FreeBSD)

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Matthias Fechner wrote:

> Hallo Dustin,
>
> * Dustin Doris <openldap@mail.doris.cc> [03-08-03 13:02]:
> > I have the same line in building from the ports.
>
> So, i have now checked a lot of other things(try other version etc.)
> but i will always get the same behaviour.
>
> The slappasswd is now working with crypt and md5.
>
> Now i have attached the databasedump(with md5 PW)
> and two logs, one with crypt-pw and one with md5-pw.
>
> Ok, the mail has been bounced, so i give here some links to this files:
> http://fechner.net/crypt.log
> http://fechner.net/md5.log
> http://fechner.net/db.ldi
>
> Maybe you see the problem.
>
> I you have time and have a look to this files, it should be really
> great.
>
> If you maybe need more information please tell me.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> --
> Bye
> Matthias

Hmm, it really looks like the search and results returned are all correct
for it to be working.  At least pam_ldap seems to be ok, nss_ldap could be
having issues.  Try adding the test user as a local user to your machine
with a different password.  Then ssh in and use the password of the ldap
user, to make sure you are logging in with the ldap user.  If it works
then it probably means nss_ldap is messed up.

Is there anything in /var/log/messages from sshd?

Also, you could try to post your issue to the pam_ldap and nss_ldap
mailing list.  It appears everything is OK with openldap, so that may be
a more appropriate place.

Go to:
http://www.padl.com/Contents/OpenSourceSoftware.html
and look for Mailing Lists at the bottom of the page.