Forwarding requests?

Hi,

I am not too sure what I actually want to do, but hopefully I can
explain :)

At the moment, our LDAP directory is set up so that about 4000 desktop
machines do a search on the address book using the search base of
o=oldhammbc,c=uk.  We are planning to perform a major overhall of the
LDAP direcotory, and I would like to change the base to
dc=oldham,dc=gov,dc=uk.

I can't do this if it involves going to all 4000 PC's and changing their
address book settings, but I was wondering if there was anyway that
OpenLDAP can "forward" requests from one search base to another? I would
like to be able to put some setting in so that the old base is
automatically translated into the new base - is this possible??

Thanks for any help in advance!

Andrew McCall

the system manager.

www.oldham.gov.uk