RE: Berkely DB/OpenLDAP Upgrade issues

There is a fix in CVS for some back-ldbm indexing problems. These fixes were
released in OpenLDAP 2.1.16. The corresponding patches have been applied to
the OpenLDAP 2.0 CVS stream, but have not been released. To my knowledge, no
one has tested them to confirm that they fix the observed problems.

You can try the patch yourself; if you do please report back whether it
resolves your problem. From CVS get the diff to back-ldbm/idl.c,
	-r OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_0_27 -r OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2
and apply that to your source.

Note that OpenLDAP 2.0 is all old code and has not had any real active
maintenance for quite a while. It will very soon be retired, same as OpenLDAP
1.2.

  -- Howard Chu

(Dennis)