[Date Prev][Date Next]
logging in as root takes ages...
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: logging in as root takes ages...
- From: Bill Dossett <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:11:21 +0000
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003
I think this might be more of a Redhat Linux
problem than anything else, but thought perhaps
someone has seen this proglem as well when
I've currently only got one ldap server... so,
when it is not available and I try to log into
one of my other redhat systems that authenticates
via my ldap server it takes ages to login... this
is using the root account which is not in ldap but
it the passwd/shado/group files.
My nsswitch.conf has:
passwd: files nisplus ldap
shadow: files nisplus ldap
group: files nisplus ldap
and the root password etc is in the files
which are listed first.... so I am at a loss as to why
it should take 2 - 3 minutes, and sometimes
just times out logging in?
Has anyone else seen this and know of any
fixes for it?