RE: BDB log.xxx Files

I don't know what Frank is referring to, there is no bug in the checkpointing
code that I'm aware of. Nothing relevant to the checkpoint feature was
changed between 2.1.12 and 2.1.13. (Nothing there has changed in quite a
while, really.)

> -----------
>
> Howard, Frank,
>
> thanks for your reply!
>
> I read the mentioned documentation and looked in the bug
> (ITS) database
> - but I'm still not sure.
> Could you please help again?
>
> 1) Will a
> checkpoint 10240 60
> (10 MB, 60 min) automatically give the old files free, so
> that some kind
> of crontab
> db_archive | xargs [...] rm [...]
> will keep my disk clear?

That's the right idea.

> Or is there - despite the "checkpoint" a bug and I should
> upgrade/recompile/reinstall 2.1.12 -> 2.1.13?

2.1.13 fixes a fair number of bugs. Nothing related to this though.

> 2) You didn't say anything to the 224 MB memory usage for such a small
> DB? Or is this related to not-checkpointing (releasing) the logs?

You didn't say anything about what platform you're running on, how many
threads slapd has configured, etc. As such, there's not enough information
here to make a meaningful comment about memory usage.

  -- Howard Chu