Re: Testing slave-master replication.

> Hi all
>
> My master is successfully replicating to my slave, but changes to
> the slave don't go to the master. I'm trying to test as follows:
>
> # ldapmodify -v -f /tmp/replication.log.example -x -D
> "cn=admin,dc=emss,dc=co,dc=za" -W

I ve a proximatly the same problem, I have try with the '-C' options of
the ldapmodify command, and it doesn't work too but for an other reason.
It seems that when ldapmodify receive a referal address as the result of
the first try. It does an anonymous bind to the second server to do the
modification.

Here is the log result:
ldap_chase_v3referral: msgid 2, url "ldap://localhost:389";
ldap_send_server_request
ldap_new_connection
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_host: localhost
ldap_new_socket: 1936
ldap_prepare_socket: 1936
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 127.0.0.1:389
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 1936 tm: -1 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 1936
ldap_is_sock_ready: 1936
ldap_ndelay_off: 1936
ldap_int_sasl_open: host=localhost
anonymous rebind via ldap_bind_s
ldap_bind_s
ldap_simple_bind_s
ldap_sasl_bind_s
ldap_sasl_bind

I ve also try the slave-master replication with LDAP Browser\Editor
2.8.2, but it gave this messages: "Root error: [LDAP: error code 53 -
modify upon the root DSE not supported]" And i don't understand why :(

Frederic