Re: Openldap crashes on GSSAPI authentication

* Quanah Gibson-Mount (quanah@stanford.edu) wrote:
> --On Friday, February 21, 2003 10:09 AM -0500 Stephen Frost
> <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> >Havn't had any problems here so far, though I havn't hit the ldap server
> >very hard.
>
> I have, and I guarantee you that the MIT libraries are not thread safe.
> Heimdal-0.5.1 is not thread safe, either.  You need to get a version of
> Heimdal later than 0.5.1 (via CVS), and compile that.  There is also one
> small patch you need to apply to the CVS code, unless you are compiling on
> AIX:

Hrm, well, that's unfortunate.  I wonder if it might be possible to at
least put a mutex around the SASL calls from LDAP.  That might be easy
enough and should fix it, with some performance loss of course.  Do you
see problems when things are under load, or just randomly?  Have you
heard anything about if MIT will modify their code to be threadsafe?

	Thanks,

		Stephen