Re: Testing slave-master replication.

At 08:18 AM 2/21/2003, Frédéric Demissy wrote:
>It seems that when ldapmodify receive a referal address as the result of
>the first try.

The fact that tools provided by openldap do not support
authenticated chasing of referrals is, I believe, well
documented.

>I ve also try the slave-master replication with LDAP Browser\Editor
>2.8.2, but it gave this messages: "Root error: [LDAP: error code 53 -
>modify upon the root DSE not supported]" And i don't understand why :(

Sounds like this client is treating a referral URL with no or
empty DN as referring the root DSE instead of referring the
baseObject of the operation which generated the referral.
Suggest you take it up with author of the client.

Kurt