Re: Regex access problem in slapd.conf

* Tony Earnshaw (tonni@billy.demon.nl) [030103 16:01]:
> > dn=uid=([a-zA-Z0-9]*)@(.*),ou=Users,o=ORG,c=US
>
> A Unix uid isn't an ldap mail attribute, unless you want to get into
> trouble "down the line." A Unix uid is something you'd find in
> /etc/passwd. You can make a cn a mail address, if you really want to.

Why not use, perhaps, the "mail" attribute for a MAIL address.  Cn is
presumably a "Common Name" which is probably not an email address, or if
you run NDS, a "login id" (which sounds like uid to me, but that's
Novell.)

jon

--
.Jonathan J. Miner------------------Division of Information Technology.
|miner@doit.wisc.edu                 University Of Wisconsin - Madison|

If this were Ada, I suppose we'd just constant fold 1/0 into

    die "Illegal division by zero"
             -- Larry Wall in <199711100226.SAA12549@wall.org>
                                                                 (234)