Re: Regex access problem in slapd.conf

I have actually tried the regex you mentioned ([^,]*) with no success either.

You also mentioned that the uid and the cn aren't the same, which is true.
 In fact, I have actually dumbed down what I am really trying to do,
hoping to get a first step towards solving my real problem.

The real uids are in the form of an email address, ie.
uid=memphis@someorg.org, blah blah blah.  The cn is a group, in the form
of the domain, ie. cn=someorg.org, blah blah blah.  So my original regex
was more along the lines of:
access to * by dn=uid=([a-zA-Z0-9]*)@(.*),ou=Users,o=ORG,c=US

I'll try your example just to make sure, since it was some late night work
last night, but I'm quite sure that I have used that one and it did not
populate the vars either.

thanks
pmw