Re: birthdate attribute

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 01:06:02PM -0400, Adam Williams wrote:

> >Where did you find your Evolution schema(s), Adam?
>
> The source RPM.  It isn't in the binary packages (why?).  I posted the
> schema file to ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/projects/awilliam/misc-ldap/ so
> you don't have to grab the whole file.

Watch out for performance problems with Evo queries. The last version
I tested defaulted to sending massive 'OR' queries asking for
substring matches on about 50 (!) attributes. This completely defeats
any query optimisation you might try to do with indexes. On a
directory with any non-trivial amount of data, this will result in
heavy CPU load and probably memory thrashing as well.

Andrew
|        Andrew.Findlay@skills-1st.co.uk       +44 1628 782565        |