Re: inconsistent replication behavior

Terry Davis wrote...:

> My slave is not getting updated.  My master changes when a modify
> comes along but not my slave.
>
> Here is my slapd.conf on my master:
> replogfile /var/log/slapd.replog
> replica host=ldap2.birddog.com:389
>         binddn="cn=root,dc=birddog,dc=com"
>         bindmethod=simple credentials=secret
>

> Here is my slapd.conf on my slave:
> updatedn        "cn=root,dc=birddog,dc=com"
> updateref       ldap://ldap1.birddog.com

1.) your script sure is binding as "cn=root,dc=birddog,dc=com" when
performing updates..?

2.) is there a file called "ldap2.birddog.com:389.rej" in the same
directory where your slurpd.replog resides..? is there anything in it..?

3.) try running slurpd with option "-d", what does the output say..?

4.) is there a second db that should be replicated in your slapd.conf..?
slurpd can only handle one db. (you'll have to start slurpd twice with
different config files, if you want do do this..)

daniel