Re: get all possible attributes of one objectclass

Marcel Bruch wrote:

> Hi Pierangelo,
>
> my knowledge about LDAP-enabled directory servers isn´t as good as it
> should be for such am programming - but I will try to do my best !
>
> Whats the search syntax for a particular objectclass ?
>
> ldapsearch -b "cn=subschema" -s base objectclass=* 'objectclass=person'

The 'objectClasses' attribute is ... an attribute. There's no means to get
only
some values of an attribute. All you can do is get all the objectclasses
published
by the server

ldapsearch -b "cn=subschema" -s base '(objectclass=*)' objectclasses

parse them and do internal checks to retain only what you need. Schema is
intended to be entirely parsed by applications that need it at strat time. You

can use the routines that come with OpenLDAP if you need. Then you're on
your own, I guess.
I notice that in draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-xx.txt there's no mention of
routines in the standard api that refer to schema parsing.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it