Re: get all possible attributes of one objectclass

Hi Kevin,

maybe I didn´t describe detailed enought what I need:

I need to know, which attributes are possible in an objectclass - not
which attributes already exist.

I´m writing a client application which allows to add entries. Therefor I
need to know which attributes does the server support with the specified
objectclass.

With `ldapsearch -b "cn=subschema" -s base "(objectclass=*)"
objectclasses`
you get all(!) possible objectclasses (likely specified in rfc2252)(
e.g. you get an output like this:

objectClasses=( 2.5.20.1 NAME 'subschema' DESC 'RFC2252: controlling
subschema' AUXILIARY MAY ( dITStructureRules $ nameForms $
ditContentRules $ objectClasses $ attributeTypes $ matchingRules $
matchingRuleUse ) )
objectClasses=( 2.5.6.0 NAME 'top' ABSTRACT MUST objectClass )
objectClasses=( 2.5.6.1 NAME 'alias' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST
aliasedObjectName )
objectClasses=( 2.5.6.2 NAME 'country' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST c MAY (
searchGuide $ description )
 )

My programming-destination is as follows:

If you want to add an employee - you get all attributes for the
specified objectclass DNIEmployee from the server.
If you add an supplier you need other informations - these Information
is supported by an objectclass DNIsupplier in the server.

The Advantage is, that there is no client configuration necessary - all
information is configured server-sided - assumed there is an way to get
these information out of the server !

Thanks for your reply,

Marcel