Re: absolutely frustrated

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com>:

> ----------
> Hey success - finally. Now I'm left to figure out what's going on.
>
> based on the great info from you guys, this is what I did...
>
> service ldap stop
>
> rm /var/lib/ldap/*
>
> slapadd -x -b "cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com" -f azapple.ldif
>
> chown ldap.ldap /var/lib/ldap/* (files had owner.group as root.root)
>
> service ldap start
>
> and then
>
> ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com" "(objectclass=*)"
>
> returns the two entries - success
>
> but when I
>
> ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com" -W -f child2.ldif
>
> Enter LDAP Password:
> adding new entry "ou=Children,dc=azapple,dc=com"
> ldap_add: Insufficient access
>         additional info: no write access to parent
>
> ldif_record() = 50
>
> why don't I have write access?
>
> Craig

---
please ignore - I added access to * by * write

(I will clean up the restrictions later).

I was able to add the first few lines of the children part...
---
dn: ou=Children,dc=azapple,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalunit
ou: Children
---
and it worked this far - an ldapsearch shows the ou: Children was added

but the rest
------
dn: givenname=Jennifer,ou=Children,dc=azapple,dc=com
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=InetOrgPerson
givenname: Jennifer
sn: White
cn: Jennifer Whilte
ou: Children

dn: givenname=Nicole,ou=Children,dc=azapple,dc=com
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=InetOrgPerson
givenname: Nicole
sn: White
cn: Nicole Whilte
ou: Children

dn: givenname=Holly,ou=Children,dc=azapple,dc=com
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=InetOrgPerson
givenname: Holly
sn: White
cn: Holly Whilte
ou: Children
---
produces...

ldapadd: invalid format (line 2) entry:
"givenname=Jennifer,ou=Children,dc=azapple,dc=com"
ldif_record() = 89

am I just plain stupid?

Craig

This mail sent through IMP: barney.azapple.com