Re: absolutely frustrated

Quoting tarjei <tarjei@nu.no>:

> My experience with openldap suggest that you should add the first
> entries using slapadd, thus just adding the entries without going
> through tha ldapdeamon. Then restart slapd and try searching it.
>
> Tarjei

----------
Hey success - finally. Now I'm left to figure out what's going on.

based on the great info from you guys, this is what I did...

service ldap stop

rm /var/lib/ldap/*

slapadd -x -b "cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com" -f azapple.ldif

chown ldap.ldap /var/lib/ldap/* (files had owner.group as root.root)

service ldap start

and then

ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com" "(objectclass=*)"

returns the two entries - success

but when I

ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com" -W -f child2.ldif

Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "ou=Children,dc=azapple,dc=com"
ldap_add: Insufficient access
        additional info: no write access to parent

ldif_record() = 50

why don't I have write access?

Craig

This mail sent through IMP: barney.azapple.com