Re: Using a different charset

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 09:48 PM 1/31/01 -0300, German Poo Caaman~o wrote:
> >"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
> >> LDAPv3 generally uses UTF-8 encoded ISO 10646-1 (Unicode).
> >> LDAPv2 generally uses T.61.  If you characters outside of
> >> US-ASCII, use either LDAPv3 or LDAPv2 but not both.  It's
> >> the application responsibility to use the proper charset.
> >> This may require transliteration.
> >
> >Ok.  But how can you show their values whithout get a "NON
> >ASCII" message?
>
> You must be using OpenLDAP 1.x, hence LDAPv2 and T.61.
> Given that very few terminals support T.61 (or UTF-8),
> all our client tools will only output printable ASCII.
> However, if you use LDIF (-L), you'll at least the base64
> encoded value which you can do with as you please.
>
> I also note that all input is assumed to be in the
> appropriate character set for the protocol version in
> use.
>
> Kurt

  I am using OpenLDAP 2.0.7, but I can't insert an entry with an accent.

For example : if I try to insert an entry by a ldif file into the server
that has
the attribute 'description' with a value that has an accent, the ldapadd
aplication doesn't let me insert it. Without the accent ldapadd insert
the entry.

  How do I must do it?

SERTRAM NETWORKS, S.L.
Edificio Sertram, Acer 30-32               Tlf: 93 289 63 00
08038 - BARCELONA                          Fax: 93 223 12 66
mailto:javi@datagrama.net           http://www.datagrama.net