Re: Using a different charset

At 09:48 PM 1/31/01 -0300, German Poo Caaman~o wrote:
>"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
>> LDAPv3 generally uses UTF-8 encoded ISO 10646-1 (Unicode).
>> LDAPv2 generally uses T.61.  If you characters outside of
>> US-ASCII, use either LDAPv3 or LDAPv2 but not both.  It's
>> the application responsibility to use the proper charset.
>> This may require transliteration.
>
>Ok.  But how can you show their values whithout get a "NON
>ASCII" message?

You must be using OpenLDAP 1.x, hence LDAPv2 and T.61.
Given that very few terminals support T.61 (or UTF-8),
all our client tools will only output printable ASCII.
However, if you use LDIF (-L), you'll at least the base64
encoded value which you can do with as you please.

I also note that all input is assumed to be in the
appropriate character set for the protocol version in
use.

Kurt