Re: slapd 2.0.7 and solaris 8

	There is a patch to OpenLDAP to make native Solaris PAM work. I
believe that patch was posted to this list already.

	I working from recollection now...

	I think you only need that patch to initialize LDAP support with
the  ldapclient tool. As far as I can tell, all that tool does is create
the files /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred and /var/ldap/ldap_client_file.

	Sun says not to edit these files under any circumstances, but I
found that the ONLY way to get Solaris to work with OpenLDAP in my setup
was to manually edit these files. Solaris seems to work fine if your
accounts are under "ou=People, $base_dn", but mine were not. ldapclient
has a provision for changing that, but you need to change both the
"passwd:" and the "shadow:" facilities and the ldapclient only seemed to
allow me to change one of them.

	In addition, I could not figure out how to get TLS support using
the ldapclient tool. You should be able to hand hack those files to plug
that into Solaris as well. The Sun documentation claims this is supported.

	Lastly, I found that if I copied those files from one server to
another, the system worked. I had to restart nscd. So you should not need
to use that busted ldapclient tool at all. You will probably need to use
the ldap_gen_profile tool to generate the password field.

			Landon McDowell