Re: I can reproduce the situation when my openldap-1.2.9 goes catatonic

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Chris Garrigues wrote:

> I'm going to rebuild my RPM with rlookups disabled, but even when they're
> enabled, catatonia seems like a rather severe reaction.  It would be
> better to log the fact that there is no reverse lookup and then reject the
> connection.

The exact reaction (noop, log warning, log error and refuse connection,
etc.) would depend on a local site policy (such as could be implemented by
linking OpenLDAP with the TCP wrapper library, which would do the
forward/reverse DNS check on OpenLDAP's behalf).

Having a problem with missing reverse DNS mappings seems vaguely familiar for
some reason - there may be something in the mailing list archives..

Cheers..

dave