Re: I can reproduce the situation when my openldap-1.2.9 goes catatonic

> From:  "Chris Garrigues" <cwg-oldap-sw@DeepEddy.Com>
> Date:  Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:05:21 -0600
>
> I have certain systems that cause the server to go catatonic if they send a
> request.

Well, after digging into the openldap code some, it appears that the fact that
I'm running freeswan is a redherring.  the real thing that certain systems have
in common is not having a reverse entry in the DNS.  slapd totally and utterly
hangs if you hit port 389 from a host that doesn't have a reverse entry!

I'm going to rebuild my RPM with rlookups disabled, but even when they're
enabled, catatonia seems like a rather severe reaction.  It would be better to
log the fact that there is no reverse lookup and then reject the connection.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 virCIO
http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/	http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.