Re: No such Object

> Several times now I have used ldif2ldbm to populate the database, but

several posts to this list caution against populating the database
with ldif2ldbm; ldif2ldbm is intended to restore data dumped with

the more reliable way to add data from an ldif file is
to use ldapadd (see the manpage).

Not for bulk loads I hope. ldif2ldbm is very fast-- ldapadd in comparisson is very slow. I can add my 70K records with ldif2ldbm in 1 hour 45 minutes compared with nearly 42 hours using ldapadd. cachesize and dbcachesize are set appropriately and there is plenty of RAM to spare.