Re: No such Object

> Several times now I have used ldif2ldbm to populate the database, but

several posts to this list caution against populating the database
with ldif2ldbm; ldif2ldbm is intended to restore data dumped with
ldbmcat.

the more reliable way to add data from an ldif file is
to use ldapadd (see the manpage).

Not for bulk loads I hope. ldif2ldbm is very fast-- ldapadd in comparisson is very slow. I can add my 70K records with ldif2ldbm in 1 hour 45 minutes compared with nearly 42 hours using ldapadd. cachesize and dbcachesize are set appropriately and there is plenty of RAM to spare.

-William