Re: ldif2ldm works but ldapadd fails.

At 09:29 AM 9/24/99 -0700, Subodh Nijsure wrote:
>I am trying to load data into ldap, with my schema definition,
>ldif2ldm is able to load the data

ldif2ldbm could care less about your schema definitions as it
doesn't do any schema (or other) checks.  The fact that ldif2ldbm
load it and ldapadd doesn't is the reason why you should ldapadd
to add entries to your database.  Otherwise it's garbage in,
garbage out.

>and I am able to do queries from
>netscape browser, however ldapadd gives me error 'Object class violation'

Likely because your entries violate the schema.  Slapd provides
details as to what it doesn't like (when enabled) in its log files.

>However if I remove, changetype lines and give that as ldif2ldbm,
>it creates the database.

Take same (with changetype lines) and give it to ldapadd(1).

Kurt