Re: ldapadd: hopelessly slow loading due to high disk iowait

Kurt,

Thanks for your prompt response!   I am going to try dbcachenowsync.
I did find a way for loading the one million records with speed 100x
faster:  that is, using /tmp as database dir.  Since Solaris makes
/tmp memory-mapped, it is much faster than a disk-based write.  I can
move the database from /tmp to its final drive after completely
loaded.   The only problem is that /tmp usually has limited size.

Thanks again.

- kelley

--
 Kelley Hu
 U.S. National Library of Medicine, Computer Science Branch