ldbmcat core dumping

I'm trying to add some indexes to my ldap database.  From the
docs I understand I need to run ldbmcat to create an ldif file, then
fun ldif2index to create the new indexes.  However, ldbmcat core
dumps.  Here's what I'm doing:

ldbmcat id2entry.dbb > ldif

When I look at the contents of the ldif file, it has about 250 entries.
The last is a partial entry that looks like this:

dn: cn

It core dumps on this entry each time.

My database is the result of running the migration tools
(migrate_all_offline.sh) on my /etc files.  I have not added
or removed any entries since running the scripts.  The database
itself seems to work fine - searches and modifies work successfully.
Could the migration scripts be creating some entries in a format
that ldbmcat does not understand?  For instance, I see many dn
contain the + sign.  Here's an example:

dn: cn=prospero+ipServiceProtocol=tcp,ou=Services,dc=real-time,dc=com
objectClass: ipService
objectClass: top
ipServicePort: 191
ipServiceProtocol: tcp
cn: prospero

1. What could be causing this?

2. Is there any way to do an ldapsearch by indexid to determine which
record it's core dumping on?

Thanks for your help.
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500
amy@real-time.com		    	   http://www.real-time.com
PGP fingerprint =  67 6C 8F DB B1 7A 8D 41  DC 7B CA 0B 28 1E 67 AD