ldbmcat core dumping

I'm trying to add some indexes to my ldap database.  From the
docs I understand I need to run ldbmcat to create an ldif file, then
fun ldif2index to create the new indexes.  However, ldbmcat core
dumps.  Here's what I'm doing:

ldbmcat id2entry.dbb > ldif

When I look at the contents of the ldif file, it has about 250 entries.
The last is a partial entry that looks like this:

249
dn: cn

It core dumps on this entry each time.

My database is the result of running the migration tools
(migrate_all_offline.sh) on my /etc files.  I have not added
or removed any entries since running the scripts.  The database
itself seems to work fine - searches and modifies work successfully.
Could the migration scripts be creating some entries in a format
that ldbmcat does not understand?  For instance, I see many dn
contain the + sign.  Here's an example:

dn: cn=prospero+ipServiceProtocol=tcp,ou=Services,dc=real-time,dc=com
objectClass: ipService
objectClass: top
ipServicePort: 191
ipServiceProtocol: tcp
cn: prospero

Questions:
1. What could be causing this?

2. Is there any way to do an ldapsearch by indexid to determine which
record it's core dumping on?

Thanks for your help.
Amy
--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500