Re: Need help for using openldap-release.tgz

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Angela Liang wrote:

> Does anybody use openldap-release.tgz yet? This is release 1.2.1
>
> I have couple of problem with it.
>
> First of all, I can not unzip it in UNIX.
>
> tar xfz openldap-release.tgz can not go further.
> 1. there is no z option
> 2. with "tar xfv openldap-release.tgz", I have "directory checksum
> error".

the z means its doing a gunzip - a gnu decompression command.  ( gzip
compression when combined with an extract option)  many commercial tar
commands dont support it. to get round the problem you can use the gunzip
command directly on the file then untar it with just the xf options of
tar.

> I've tried to unzip from PC using winzip 7.0. There is no problem.
> I transferred all the files to UNIX and do the configure - "sh
> ./configure".
> It gave me the result of:
>
> "
> checking for a BSD compatible install... build/install-sh -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking configure arguments... done
> "

You probably have the autoconf programming suite missing or if you do
have them installed they are not in your path.

Hope that helps.
Martin
QMW Computing services.