Need help for using openldap-release.tgz

Does anybody use openldap-release.tgz yet? This is release 1.2.1

I have couple of problem with it.

First of all, I can not unzip it in UNIX.

tar xfz openldap-release.tgz can not go further.
1. there is no z option
2. with "tar xfv openldap-release.tgz", I have "directory checksum

I've tried to unzip from PC using winzip 7.0. There is no problem.
I transferred all the files to UNIX and do the configure - "sh
It gave me the result of:

checking for a BSD compatible install... build/install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking configure arguments... done

Can anybody tell me the problem?

Any help will be highly appreciated.