Re: unified login (unix + windows)

Thomas Guettler wrote:

> It is a dream of mine to have all passwords and users
> in one Ldap-Server. For unix I heard this is
> possible, but for Windows you have to modify the login-dll
> and some other stuff. Has anyone idears, URLs, ...
> that can bring me closer to this dream?

I'm working on fixing the LDAP support in Samba for
the next release (2.2.0).  Once the PDC support for NT
is official, there you go.  Problem is that Samba will need
the LanMan/NT password hash regardless of the userPassword
representation you use for Unix clients.  I have no work
around for this at the moment.  Storing the plain text
would work, but then I'm not really fond of that. :-)

Samba includes support for authenticating plain text logons
via PAM currently.  You could try that as well.

Or...write and LDAPgina module for NT. :-) :-)

jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter@valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry@samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw