Re: unified login (unix + windows)

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Thomas Guettler wrote:

> It is a dream of mine to have all passwords and users in one
> Ldap-Server. For unix I heard this is possible, but for Windows
> you have to modify the login-dll and some other stuff. Has anyone
> idears, URLs, ... that can bring me closer to this dream?

This is a dream of mine, as well.  I would love to know if it is
possible to have an NT4 PDC synchronize its user account passwords
with an LDAP server.  Free software to do this is the best option.
Inexpensive software is the second option. :-)

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )