Re: Authentication

> I think I can make Radiator do it (as I do have the source) and it does
> have a get encrypted password function...my problem is the most basic
> step:  How do I set up LDAP with encrypted passwords?  Is it just a field
> like any other or what?  If someone can get me that far, I think I can go
> from there...

LDAP stores an entry's password in the attribute "userPassword".  The field
can contain a plaintext password or a crypted password denoted by
"{crypt}YYeaEGw9PJMgg". (this would be the encoding for "boo")  The next
version of OpenLDAP will have support for sha1 and md5 hashed passwords and
will include a utility to update passwords in an LDAP server.