Re: Authentication

> > There is, unfortunately, not a lot of info out there. I ran into the same
> > problem myself.
>
> Unfortunately, there's not a lot of info on LDAP period, but this list has
> been helpful, I've found.

And what info there is, is stuff on how to create an address book app.

> How do I set up LDAP with encrypted passwords?  Is it just a field
> like any other or what?  If someone can get me that far, I think I can go
> from there...

Well, you actually have to back up one step, and decide on a schema that you
want to use. Once you decide on the schema, and its attendant
objectclass/attribute structure, then yes, a user's password just becomes a
field to grab.

I dont have the OpenLDAP stuff handy, so I dont know what it uses, but
Netscape's inetOrgPerson objectclass may be a good starting point for you.

If you want to discuss schema stuff, feel free to contact me offline.

josh

--
Josh Tiefenbach - Member - ACC Corps of Internet Engineers - josh@ican.net