Re: Authentication

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Josh Tiefenbach wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 12:27:42PM -0600, Brian Baggett wrote:
> > Can someone point me in the right direction to get external programs to
> > authenticate off of LDAP?
>
> There is, unfortunately, not a lot of info out there. I ran into the same
> problem myself.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of info on LDAP period, but this list has
been helpful, I've found.

> The key is to find the bits of the program which call getpwnam() (or
> equivalent), and replace it with your own function which calls LDAP to
> grab the appropriate information.

I think I can make Radiator do it (as I do have the source) and it does
have a get encrypted password function...my problem is the most basic
step:  How do I set up LDAP with encrypted passwords?  Is it just a field
like any other or what?  If someone can get me that far, I think I can go
from there...

Thanks,

Brian