Sendmail aliases and Novell LDAP

I'd like to create a sendmail aliases file based upon information
stored in a Novell LDAP system and some text based files.  The
text is easy, but how do I pull all data out of an LDAP server?

I'd like to use openldap's ldapsearch to get the data out of
the Novell LDAP server, but can't seem to find a filter that
returns any data except the referral.  In Netscape communicator
I can get email matches, using the root set to "o=col", but
using that as a filter in ldapsearch still just returns the
referral.

I've tried

	ldapsearch -h 192.168.1.2 "o=col"    // col is the root
	ldapsearch -h 192.168.1.2 "*=*"

any ideas how to get all the information from the Novell LDAP server?

--
Rob Hamm
Systems and Networks Administrator