Re: >1024 connections in slapd / select->poll

On 17 Nov 2004, at 21:19, David Boreham wrote:
University of Michigan email forwarding is done using an LDAP database as the store for mail forwarding addresses of users and for group lists. Two Linux hosts serve LDAP, with around 1000 FDs each. We regularly run into the FD limit.

How many forwarding agents are there ?

8, right now. They accept something like 1.9M messages per day. I should note that we've written our own MTA, to better integrate with LDAP.

:wes