Re: >1024 connections in slapd / select->poll

We're talking about huge systems here. And my feeling here is that any OS on a
SMP machine is better at spreading the load across CPUs the better the more
separated the different acting parties are. This is especially important for
things like cache locality. Threads share memory, and with a NUMA architecture
this puts an upper limit on scalability.

Designing an application with N processes _sharing_ memory seems contrary to your goal here though, no ?

Why not just run N copies of the server, each with its own
data, on your NUMA machine, and replicate between them ?

Anyway, I'd really like to hear about the application that needs
1000's of open LDAP connections. I've never seen
one of those (except test programs).

Such an application it might be better served (sic)
by using connectionless LDAP.