Re: back-bdb deadlocks?

> In my box, slapd still works fine after removing log files while it is
> running. Isn't it that the persistent (long-lived) transaction do not have
> any updates ? Howard, which behavior did you observe in your setup ?

You're mounting a sabotage attack on the server by
removing the transaction log files. Generally software
isn't designed to resist the active efforts of the user
to attack it.

By 'working fine' did you include a test where you
subject the server to a heavy update operation load,
and while it's processing that, delete the txn logs,
and then switch off the power ?

When it comes back up, recovery will be impossible
and you'll have lost data.

If by 'works fine', you aren't worried about loosing data,
then I'd agree with you.