Re: [dev_ldap] RE: back-perl and password/user synchronization

Hi,

When do you see that happening ( ITS entry)? If you can send me the changed files without review? I've been fighting this for the last few days now, and I think the code is winning :)

I love to see how you got it working. I am beginning to realize that Perl 5.6 thread module is very different from the old api, worse still I'm building on win32. New threads can't just use the extern PerlInterpreter pointer, they have to use PERL_GET_CONTEXT and PERL_SET_CONTEXT etc. I'm still trying to figure these things out. I found an email at http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-perl/2000-June/000028.html
explaining this. So it seems to me that a new perl interpreter has to be allocated for each thread. I tried this and it at least got rid of some of the issues that I had, but I'm still working on others. This seems to have to do with how your perl libraries were built. The MULTIPLICITY, PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT, and PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS defines affect this.

PS. How does a ldap bind work with back-perl? There is no bind perl function in SampleLDAP.pm, do I have write one?

--Kervin

Luke Howard wrote:
I think you just lucked out. Perl internals are a nightmare, with different
data structures defined depending on whether you configured for embedded,
threaded, or standalone, and some combinations of the above. My general

OK, we got it built and working with Perl 5.6. We only changed the
search API to pass the search base, alias dereferencing policy, and
scope to the Perl module, as well as allowing modules to return
actual LDAP result codes via the frontend.

We'll submit an ITS when we have reviewed the changes.

cheers,

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | lukehoward.com