Re: testing indexing in v2

> bash-2.03$ slapindex
> Assertion failed: *ad == NULL, file ad.c, line 99
> IOT/Abort trap (core dumped)
> bash-2.03$
> So I'm hitting this "temporary" assertion when running slapindex.
> I'm reloading from scratch now so that I can test the search.
> Randy

This is just because slapindex main() is passing the &desc variable to
that function, and desc was not initialized to NULL. Just set it to NULL
when it is declared:

main( int argc, char **argv )
	char		*type;
	AttributeDescription *desc=NULL;
	const char *text;
	ID id;

What you will then find is that slapindex doesn't do anything. It will
exit immediately without a message. What happens there is that slapindex
calls the ->reindex function on the back end, and for LDBM, that function
consists of:    (servers/slapd/back-ldbm/tools.c)

	BackendDB *be,
	ID id )
	return LDAP_OTHER;

So for now, it looks like slapindex for LDBM is down.

  -Mark Adamson
   Carnegie Mellon