Re: [ldapext] UTF-8 full support in LDIF / LDIF v2

Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Yves Dorfsman wrote:
>>> Looking back (way back) at this thread, I am not the only one seeing
>>> value here:
>>
>> Hmm, I agreed on SASL normalization not being an issue.
>> But you skipped my strong disagreement about your LDIF diffing use-case.
>
> I'm sorry, I did not try to put any word in your mouth, all I meant was
> that there is more than just me who see value in having non base64
> encoded UTF-8.
>
> I know you disagree with me about diffing,

Yes, because that's better implemented by decent LDIF-aware tools.

> but was under the impression
> you saw value somewhere else.

I see some value. As I said my web2ldap accepts single-line UTF-8 input
in an LDIF editor multi-line input field but does not display UTF-8.

But if we run into more complicated issues like multi-line UTF-8 data
I'm against opening a can of worms with here document scheme or similar
complicated things.

Ciao, Michael.