Re: [ldapext] groupOfEntries object class proposal

Andrew Findlay wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 09:33:00AM +1000, Steven Legg wrote:
>
>> Instead of defining a specific object class, perhaps all we need is a
>> *convention* that any entry that contains the member attribute is to
>> be treated as a group.
>
> It would still need an object class that permits the member attribute.
> How would such a convention represent an empty group?

I guess Steven meant that it would be sufficient to simply search for

(member=<DN>)

for determining group membership for <DN> instead of

(&(|(objectClass=groupOfNames)(objectClass=groupOfEntries))(member=<DN>))

So one could use any object class for group entries which suits the
deployment needs as long as it permits 'member'.

Ciao, Michael.