RE: [ldapext] groupOfEntries object class proposal

Hi,

I'm almost always in favor of new and better ways to do things.  And I
agree with the statements submitted.  But I can see a need to play
devil's advocate for this one.  Is there really enough justification to
warrant this proposal?  What is the likelihood of its success, given how
entrenched groupOfNames and groupOfUniqueNames is embedded in the
existing LDAP application/server security space?  This is a very
low-level concept to LDAP, and thus convincing all application/server
developers to revolutionize seems a unlikely scenario.  And I would
argue that it would take a sea-change before it would be successful.
I.E. would this proposal be successful if only 50% or even 75% of
applications/servers support it?

Bob